Roll Up Pillow Case
- Half Square Triangles, Number of HSTs depends on the size of the HSTs for the band, total length is 42".
- Neutral coordinating fabric to the HST 42".
- 3/4 yd.focus fabric for the main fabric.
- To make the band: sew the HSTs together to make either Pinwheels, Flying Geese, or Chevron. Make the blocks to a 42" length. Whatever the width is of the HST blocks (i.e. 6 1/2") cut the neutral coordinating fabric by that width (6 1/2") X 42" and sew the top neutral fabric strip to the bottom of the HST strip and press.
- Lay the band right side up with the HST blocks at the top and neutral coordinating fabric at the bottom. Now lay the main fabric right sides together to the top of the band. Starting art the bottom of the main fabric, roll the main fabric to about 2" from the top of the band. The right side of the bottom of the band is now showing. Bring the bottom of the band up, RST and line up with the top of the band also.
- Pin the 3 layers together forming a tube and sew the raw edges together 1/4" seam allowance.
- Reach in the tube and pull the main fabric out and then press well.
- Sew the end and bottom with either a French seam or serge the edge.
- Match the wrong side raw edges together.
- Sew 1/8" seam. It is important to sew a small seam, then press.
- Fold along the seam so that the right side are together with the raw edges enclosed.
- Sew again this time with a 1/4" - 3/8" seam, then press.